10/12/10


I have a solution to all your meditation problems, well ok so it works for me, and I really hope that it will work for you.

I have tried all forms of meditation, guided meditation, un-guided, listening to meditation cd's, reading about how to meditate, they are all great resources, but my problem is that I can't seem to get my mind to be still and be quiet.

When I start meditating I find that I am fighting a losing battle with my mind by trying to keep it focused on being still. It's frustrating and annoying and I eventually just give up and go do whatever it is my mind kept thinking about.

So I tried something different the other day, and the result was very interesting, instead of trying to keep my mind still and quiet, I simply allowed it to roam where it wanted, but I did slow it down considerably by examining each thought as it came along.

Let me explain a bit more, I was sitting there with my meditation music playing, my insence burning, and total quiet throughout the house. I told myself that this was going to be a different type of meditation and that I was going to examine each thought that came up, and see why it was that my mind decided to show me that.

So I sat there and the first thought that came up was one of the projects that I have set aside lately, I thought that I really should get busy and get it finished, but then I wanted to examine that a bit more so I started trying to remember why it was I had set it aside in the first place. Was I missing something that it needed like a ribbon, button, or some sort of other embellishment? No that wasn't it, turns out I am not as skilled in that craft as I would like to be and I had reached a point in that project where I really needed to figure out how I wanted proceed with it in order for it to look like it should. I began examining ways that could I complete the project, like if I were to sew here, or cut there, or maybe fold this way or that, the wedding dress for my daughter might turn out better than expected.

Before I knew it I had been sitting there thinking about this one project for an hour. I had been able to make my mind be still and focus on one thing long enough to figure out a possible solution to a problem that I hadn't even acknowledged yet.

That I found was very therapuetic in itself, and I have since begun to do this on a daily basis, and I have found that my mind always knows just what to bring up first.

As for my daughter's wedding dress, now the only problem I am having in completing it is finding the time to work on the solutions that I came up with. :)

If you try this and it works please come back and let me know, I am very interested in the results that you will get from it.

Alright if you can make it work for yourself, I will have to develop it more and teach it in my Witch Craft 101 classes. So please come back and let me know how it works for you.

Blessed Be,
Lewella

No comments:

Post a Comment