12/8/23

Book of Shadows

 I just want to put a note here about your book of shadows. Which in some peoples opinions should be the first thing you do when beginning you're pagan journey. Honestly, it wasn't my first thing, it didn't come until after I'd read several books and talked to a whole coven of people about it. Basically I was doing research about whether I wanted to take my spiritual journey into paganism. Turns out it suited me much better than any of the mainstream religions did. 

Anyway, your book of shadows, it can be anything you have really. I first used a loose leaf notebook and that was perfect as I was able to arrange my pages the way I wanted them. I still use that book all the time but mostly for spells, rituals, chants and things like that. 

I have a few other books I use one is leather bound and holds all my research notes, things about my chosen deities. Things about Sabbats and the Wheel of the Year. It does have some spells, and rituals, chants and recipes that I wanted to keep. But this is also my journal. Where I jot down things that are personal to me in my pagan journey. 

I have another that I use as well, I call it my Kitchen Witchery book. I keep recipes that I use here. Things like how to make dry shampoo, or how to make some potpourri. It's full of a variety of recipes I have found useful. 

So what I'm saying is your BOS is your own. Make it from whatever you want, or have on hand. No need to spend lots of money on an ornate book. I do strongly suggest using the loose leaf method at first, it's so helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment